Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Morning Inspiration!

This morning was one of the many days that I said to myself, "I love my job!"  I had the opportunity to meet with four of our talented and insightful third-grade students to talk about their hopes and dreams. Our third graders were recently learning about Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and they write their own "I have a dream" speeches.  These four youngsters inspired me and I hope their ideas inspire you as well!

"I have a dream that one day, we all friends, will find a cure for diabetes.

I have a dream that one day we will find a cure for blindness so that people can see what a beautiful world we live in...so that people will not feel helpless.

I have a dream that one day the wars will end and peace will spread through the Earth.

I have a dream."

-J. N. grade 3


"I have a dream that everybody will not be judged for their UNUSUALNESS but for their ABILITIES.

I have a dream that children and adults will see a day where bullying never existed.

I still have a dream that people will solve their problems without any violence but with words instead.

I have a dream that the world will be filled with Peace.  I also have hope that all people around me will share their dreams.

I have a dream."

-E. O. grade 3


"I have a dream.

My friends, I think some day our nation will rise up and prevent tax cuts and give money to the poor.

I have a dream.

I do not want higher tax cuts.

I have a dream that people will be fair.

I have a dream."

-L.B. grade 3


"I have a dream that soon children will not spend all of their time on technology.  Instead, they'll spend their time outdoors playing in the sun.

I have a dream that soon there will be Peace on Earth and every child will be peaceful to others.

I have a dream that one day even kids with disabilities will achieve their hopes and dreams.

Above all, I have a dream that children get to spend more time with their families.

I have a dream."

-A. P. grade 3