Friday, October 25, 2013

First Annual MMES Book Drive

When I was a classroom teacher, parents of former students would often come back to visit and give me  updates on how their child was doing in the upper grades.  Many of them started a tradition where they would bring gently used books that their children had outgrown for my classroom library.  This was a great resource for me as I always tried to keep my classroom library selection fresh for my students.

I was thinking about this the other day and thought that there must be many parents whose children have shelves of books at home that they have outgrown.  This led me to the concept of an annual MMES Book Drive.  If you have any gently used, age-appropriate books that your child(ren) has outgrown, would you consider donating them to MMES?  We can sort them by guided reading level and disperse them out to our classrooms to use when they are engaged in guided reading.  We can never have too many books at an elementary school!

A box is in the main lobby for book drop off.  Simply tie, bundle, box, or bag them and send them into school with your child to put into the MMES Book Drive Box.  All books will benefit students right here at our school!  Thank you for considering!